Here is the colour chart I made up and will go by (yes, DAILY manis!):
There will be some guidelines and rules, however… more after the jump!
Starting with polish remover. This is a tricky one. Julep makes an acetone-free polish remover. I have it but only have this much left:
I tried to order more from their site but the refills for this pump bottle are "out of stock" (*boo*). So, I will use this until it is done and then switch over the my regular polish remover when this is empty.
I DO have some of their polish remover pads, however, they contain lanolin and I have a wicked allergy to lanolin so I can't use them. *boo*
Next up is mani tools. I usually use the cuticle pusher by Julep but the rest of my implements come from various other places. I DO have the Julep tools kit, so I will be solely using this for the next month.
And finally, all the liquid bits that go into a manicure. I normally use a mix of Julep and other brands, but for the month of June, it will be only these guys:
NB: I also have Oxygen nail therapy (not shown) which I will use as needed. I have also ordered the new Oxygen base coat & top coat and will start using those when they arrive.
Ground Rules for my Julep June:
- ONLY Julep products
- ONLY untried colours (i.e. not previously used in any manicure)
- 30 different colours (i.e. no 2 red days unless they have totally different finishes)
- Nail art, glitter toppers, etc are permitted but must use Julep products
- Julep tools only
Exceptions to the above ground rules:
- pure acetone for nail clean up (sorry but it's the only thing that works really well)
- cleanup brush is non-Julep (Julep doesn't make one)
- stamping plates/stamping supplies (Julep doesn't make these… but have to use Julep polish)
- polish thinner, if needed (Julep doesn't make one, I will use Seche Restore)
- cotton pads/q-tips
- matte topcoat (I probably won't need but I don't own the Julep one and it's out of stock on their site)
I am posting all my mani pics on my Instagram (IG: miss_tina) and using the hashtags: #juneisjulepmonth and #monthofjulep. I will also post them on the Julep Facebook page & in other polish groups. Post yours!! :)
Anyone else up for the challenge?? I wonder if I'll miss all my other polishes? :O
NB: ALL the products shown/used for the next month have been purchased by me. The idea for a Julep month is my own and I am NOT affiliated with Julep whatsoever.